Re: 2 objects with same name

From: Joe Nardone <nardone_at_patriot.net>
Date: 1996/10/05

Alexandro Strack (astrack_at_nexocs.com.br) wrote:
: Hi all,
:
: I would like to know if somebody knows the solution to create 2
: objects with diferent characteristics but with the same name in the same
: instance of a database. We have used different tablespaces and it didn't
: work out.
:
: Ex.: create table test (field1 integer not null) tablespace TS1;
: create table test2 (field2 float not null) tablespace TS2;

You cannot have two objects with the same name owned by the same user in a single instance, regardless (as you found out) of tablespace.

If you did, how would you differentiate them?

Joe

--

Joe Nardone <nardone_at_patriot.net>