Re: Web Request Broker w/non-Oracle Web Server

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/10/03

On 3 Oct 1996 11:07:10 GMT, Steve_Kilbane_at_cegelecproj.co.uk wrote:

>> Is it possible to use the Web Request Broker (and related components) of
>> the Oracle Web System with another (i.e. non-Oracle) Web Server? Has
>> anyone done this with Netscape Enterprise Server?
>
>The answer is, "maybe". You could, I believe, with WS 1.x, you can't
>with 2.0.x, and you're supposed to be able to with 2.1. 2.1 is in beta
>now, and is downloadable for Solaris from www.oracle.com, and
>according to blurb I have, 2.1 was intended to add support for
>Netscape's server to the WRB. I haven't downloaded it, so I don't
>know if this has actually happened. 3.0, due CY97, is supposed to add
>support for Microsoft's server too.
>
>steve

With version 1.0 you have a CGI-BIN program called OWA that works with any webserver.

With version 2.0 you have a CGI-BIN program called OWA that works with any webserver, in addition to a Web Request Broker OWA cartridge. The WRB cartridge with 2.0 works with the Oracle Web Server. (with 2.0 you can still use the web agent with any server, you can't use the WRB component with any other server).

With version 2.1 you have the CGI-BIN program.......etc in addition to a Web Request Broker OWA cartridge. The WRB cartridge with 2.1 works with the Oracle Web Server and/or the Netscape Fasttrack Server.

With version 3.0 you have the CGI-BIN program.... the cartridge....
which works with Oracle Web Server, Netscape fasttrack/enterprise/commerce,
MSIIS, an perhaps others.
Thomas Kyte
Oracle Government
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com

http://govt.us.oracle.com

  • Check out Oracle Governments web site! ----- Follow the link to "Tech Center" and then downloadable Utilities for some free software...

statements and opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Oracle Corporation Received on Thu Oct 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message