Re: Solaris /etc/system and Oracle

From: Simon Wing-Tang <swingtan_at_vttsvic1.telecom.com.au>
Date: 1996/10/03

Andrew Lee wrote:

> I'm trying to size the /etc/system shared memory settings on a Sparc20
> running oracle. Is there a FAQ or something on correctly sizing shared
> memory and semaphore settings? This is running on Solaris 2.4.

Ok then, we run Solaris 2.4 on a Sparc1000 ( single cpu 64MB RAM ) the app. is Oracle 7.0.16 ( I think, I haven't looked for a while ). We were running about 4 or 5 instances and had no problems with the following....

set     shmsys:shminfo_shmmax = 8388608
set     shmsys:shminfo_shmmin = 1
set     shmsys:shminfo_shmmni = 100
set     shmsys:shminfo_shmseg = 10

set     semsys:seminfo_semmns = 1000
set     semsys:seminfo_semmni = 200
set     semsys:seminfo_semmsl = 100

	Regards,

		Simon.

| Simon Wing-Tang                                                    |
| Systems Administrator                                              |
| Telstra Learning                 " If at first you don't succeed.. |
| swingtan_at_vttsvic1.telecom.com.au   use a bigger hammer ! "         |
| http://www.alexia.net.au/~www/swt                                  |
| PH: 613-9295-4223                                                  |