Re: Oracle WebServer 1.0

From: Chris Kimpton <Chris.Kimpton_at_ubs.com>
Date: 1996/10/03

Hi Vikas,

Have you tried Oracle for Platform-specific/UNIX support?

Also, do you have the Web Agent setup and running, you need at least a default service.

Try accessing the Oracle Admin page - does that work, show any useful info, the address for it on our machine is;

        http://my.host.name:port/

We've got WebServer 1.0 as well (although on HP). The admin page has info on if your listener is up and what Web Agents you have.

Also, try a simple procedure with just htp.p in it, like;

Vikas Agnihotri wrote:

> Trying to set up a Oracle Web agent for my Oracle database
> (7.2.2 on Solaris 2.5).
>
> o Configured the Web listener. It is up and running.
> o Created a Oracle user owa/owa123 and ran the ?/owa/admin/owains.sql
> script under that schema.
> o Created a simple PL/SQL procedure
> create or replace procedure abcd
> is
> ignore_more boolean;
> begin
> ignore_more := owa_util.tableprint('sometable','BORDER');
> end;
>
> o Created a owa.cfg file with the appropriate parameters
> and placed it in $HOME/ows/admin/owa.cfg
> o Put the virtual directory maps in my sv<xxxx>.cfg file
> as follows:
> /home/oracle/product/7.2.2/ows/bin C /ORACLE
> where ORACLE is the service name that I have created in
> my owa.cfg gile.
>
> o Did a 'wlctl reload .....'
>
> o Now when I do:
> http://my.host.name:port/ORACLE/owa/abcd
>
> I get the response:
>
> REQUEST FAILED... etc.etc
>
> I can see that this request (GET) is logged in my OWS log file.
> But there are no errors in the owa.err file or nothing out of
> the ordinary that I can see.
> Also when I run the above procedure (abcd) by hand in SQL*PLUS,
> it seems to hang. I cannot break out of it. I have to kill
> that X-term. It is that bad...
>
> Please help.....
> I need help on creating the owa.cfg file, where to place it, etc.
> I tried using the Oracle web agent administration utility and it keeps
> giving me the error 'ERROR: Cannot find owa.cfg file..'
>

> Please dont tell me to upgrade to Webserver 2.0 :-)
>
> Please reply to
> vikas_at_insight.att.com
>

> Thanks,
> --Vikas
>

> Received on Thu Oct 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message