Re: TK/TCL scripts? Why?

From: Hrafnkell Eiriksson <hkelle_at_rhi.hi.is>
Date: 1996/10/03

In <324851A1.5224_at_lvalue.com> Vladimir Stavitsky <vlads_at_lvalue.com> writes:

>there is definitely some tk stuff in the distribution - i saw and
>even ran it at some point; do not remember where it is exactly -
>i think somewhere in admin?
>ìÕËÁÛÅ×ÉÞ óÅÒÇÅÊ wrote:
>> Does anybody know WHY a tk-interpreter WISH4.0 is
>> included into Oracle 7.3.2 Unix distribution?
>>
>> Are there any TK/TCL scripts in 7.3.2 to execute or what?
>>
>> --
>> Sergey Lukashevich <lukash_at_rosno.ru>
>> Fido: 2:5020/37.124

These TCL/TK scripts are used f.x. by the Oracle SNMP agent to execute jobs you submit to the database from Oracle Enterprise Manager. The jobs can be f.x. a scheduled user export, backup, or any OS command. I think there are some bugs in theses scripts. At least when running them on NT. The scripts depended on some Unix features, minor modifications have to be made to make them run under NT.

--
//  Hrafnkell Eiriksson  //  Student of Computer- and Electrical engineering