Re: Help needed on oracle error

From: varad acharya <vacharya.ford_at_e-mail.com>
Date: 1996/10/02

Binghai Zeng wrote:

> "Erwin Joosten" <e.joosten_at_chw.nl> wrote:
>
> >Can someone help me with the next error message:

> > ERROR: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
> > ORA-07320: smsget: shmat error when trying to attach sga
> > AT&T System V/386 Error: 13: Permission denied.

> >I'm running oracle 7.0.16 on a SCO UNIX 3.2 server. It occures when i login
> >to oracle with just a unix account. when i login as oracle i have no
> >problems, which rights must i set to correct this problem.

Check if the foll environment variables are set correctly for the unix id u are using

ORACLE_SID should be set to the instance name ORACLE_HOME should be set to the directory containing all the other

             oracle subdirectories

Regards,

Varad Acharya Received on Wed Oct 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message