PL/SQL error ..Cannot find Table..

From: Srinivasa Rao Vaikuntam <srini_v_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/10/02

We are working on a project, where several developers are coding procedures. However, the developers log with their own username and access the schema's objects.

All the users have been given access priveleges to the schema's objects through a common role.
While, they are able to do select's,inserts, deletes, updates etc. through SQL*Plus, PL/SQL gives a compilation error, saying that the table/object could not be found. However, when the user is given an
explicit grant on the object, the procedure compiles without any problems.

Is there a way to get around this problem, so that we could minimize the grants to a single role, rather than granting the priveleges on each object to each user.

thanks in advance
srini Received on Wed Oct 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message