Re: Ordering CONNECT BY PRIOR output

From: Randy Dewoolfson <randyd_at_cais3.cais.com>
Date: 1996/10/02

not directly.
You can make a temporary table (*cringe*) that collects the output of the query, then select from that in the order you want.

I've also heard that you can index on the text you want to order by, and if you somehow can write your query so that it uses this index, (without necessarily using order by) then it will come back in this order... ( I never tried this one ).

hope it helps
Randy :)

Dave Macpherson (dave_at_fifthd.ca) wrote:
: Is it possible to sequentially order the results returned from a
: CONNECT BY PRIOR query such that the items returned at the SAME level
: are ordered alphabetically? I can't figure out how to do this.

: Thanks for any help.

: Dave Macpherson

--
  .?$" '?i     .                              I  Randy DeWoolfson  I