Re: Solaris /etc/system and Oracle

From: Carlos Robinson <carlos_at_borg.ucsf.edu>
Date: 1996/10/01

In article <DyMost.1rr_at_ccc.amdahl.com>, asl00_at_eng.amdahl.com (Andrew Lee) wrote:

>I'm trying to size the /etc/system shared memory settings on a Sparc20
>running oracle. Is there a FAQ or something on correctly sizing shared
>memory and semaphore settings? This is running on Solaris 2.4. Thanks.

Here are the default setting we used on Solaris 2.5.1 on a generic setup taken from one
of the Oracle books, you should adjust later for better performance:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=16777210
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=200
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=20
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=400
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=140

-carlos Received on Tue Oct 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message