Re: Alter database rename datafile question

From: Dave Mausner <dmausner_at_brauntech.com>
Date: 1996/10/01

In article <32513610.659E_at_telesph.com>, janet <janet_at_telesph.com> wrote:
>Hi,
> I'd like to move an entire instance from one logical disk to
>another. It's not a big one, only 5 tablespaces, and 4 of them
>are SYSTEM, RBS, TEMP, and TOOLS.
> Is the move as simple as:
>alter tablespace TBSP_NAME rename datafile '/disk1/system01.dbf' to
>'/disk2/system01.dbf'

i think you startup mount (not startup open) and do as you say. p.s., save the control files somewhere, and copy the tablespace files (don't delete 'em) until everything works.

Dave Mausner, Managing Consultant, Braun Technology Group, Chicago. Received on Tue Oct 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message