Re: FRM-40654 in Forms 4.5

From: <dmoyer_at_gpu.com>
Date: 1996/10/01

In <01bbaf16$636f4b00$22f719ce_at_rickfor.scsn.net>, "rick forrest" <rickfor_at_scsn.net> writes:
>I have a form that calls a stored procedure to do some last minute
>validation, i.e.
>just before POST-DATABASE-COMMIT. The stored proc updates the database
>directly. Consequently, I get the message FRM-40654. Record has been
>updated
>by another user, requery to see changes.
>
>I inherited this code, and I don't think I can change the logic, so what
>can I do
>programatically to sync the form with the database?
>
>thanks in advance,
>
>rick forrest

You could set up an On-Error Trigger to handle the 40654 and creating a timer to call a procedure which re-queries the DB.

D. Scott Moyer, Jr.                        dmoyer_at_gpu.com (preferred for work)
GPU Service Corporation                dsmoyer_at_enter.net (preferred for home)
Reading, PA Received on Tue Oct 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message