Re: Referencing objects in a schema

From: Dave Mausner <dmausner_at_brauntech.com>
Date: 1996/10/01

In article <52pfdc$dj3_at_news.indy.net>, indyodie_at_indy.net (David Odmark) wrote:
>Here's the problem: We are trying to simulate multiple independent
 "databases"
>inside one instance of the Oracle Server (v7.1) by storing replications of
 all
>tables inside different schemas (e.g. we set up two users, each of whom
 owns
>an identical set of objects).

that's what (public) synonyms are for. since you object to the effort of creating hundreds of synonyms, use the data dictionary to do it for you.  select 'create public synonym ' || object_name ' for ' || owner || ...  from all_objects
 where owner='dave'
you get the idea.

Dave Mausner, Managing Consultant, Braun Technology Group, Chicago. Received on Tue Oct 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message