Re: Caldera Network Desktop (was:Re: SMP & threads for SQL queries)

From: Keith Smith <keith_at_ksmith.com>
Date: 1996/10/01

H.S. Prasad 4-8398 (hprasad) wrote:

> You mentioned that a lot of big shops are running the stable versions of
> linux. Does any body have any information like what is it used for -
> desktops or servers. What kinds of databases are they running on these?
> Obviously not Sybase or Oracle or Informix.

Neither, Running as a multi-user platform with dumb terminals. Make that 20 distinct boxes, running Basis BBx 2,3 & 4, custom apps, UUCP, E-mail.

_I_ don't call a multi-user machine a 'server' per se, although nothing prevents a multi-user machine from being a _network_ server too.

--
Keith Smith <keith_at_ksmith.com>                  Free Usenet News/Newsfeeds
Digital Designs                                 (910) 423-7389/7391 [V.34]