Re: NT/Oracle Setup - Named Pipes or TCP/IP?

From: Steve Beasley <smbeasle_at_cris.com>
Date: 1996/09/30

mwagoner_at_iac.net (Mark Wagoner) wrote:

>mross_at_GlobalInnovations.com wrote:

>>Hi,

>To me, this is mostly a matter of preference (or company policy). If IP is
>your standard and you already have an addressing scheme in place, use that.
>If you want easy administration (and no routers on the network), use named
>pipes.

>I have used both and neither seems to be any faster than the other.

>--
>Mark Wagoner
>mwagoner_at_iac.net

What is the best way to test connectivity to a server set up this way? I have a Win95 workstation I want to be able to access the NT/Named Pipes database via ODBC. What does the workstation need to have in place to get to the database?
Steve Beasley, Consultant/Developer
BEASinc.
smbeasle_at_cris.com Received on Mon Sep 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message