Re: SQL*PLUS CHALLANGE

From: Garry M. Filimonov <garry_at_fly.triniti.troitsk.ru>
Date: 1996/09/30

Michael Serbanescu <ms_at_cmprime.cis.att.com> wrote in article <324BE38F.1D1F_at_cmprime.cis.att.com>...
> Try this:
>
> select distinct name, address
> from emp
> where city='LA'
> and rownum<26;
>
> I haven't tried it, so I am not sure it will work. The DISTINCT clause
> (?) does an implicit ordering (although, I believe, this is not
> guaranteed by the SQL standard).

Oracle process WHERE clause before SELECT, GROUP BY and ORDER BY and ROWNUM in your select
don't working Correctly. Solution for this problem is next:

select * from (select distinct name, address from emp where city='LA') where rownum<26;

--
G'luck !
Garry M. FIlimonov