Re: SQL Plus Connection Performance

From: Neil Greene <ngreene_at_laoc.SHL.com>
Date: 1996/09/29

Kyle wrote:

> Jochen PLease help-
>
> I am having a 60 second delay if you can believe that. I am running
> Netware 4.1 with spx, somebody please help me out. Oh yeah my clients
> are all pentium 100's with 16 megs of ram, and the server is a HP LH.
> I think that the problem is with windows95!!!
> Please help!!

Pentium Clients, running 32bit SQL*Net drivers TCP/IP, Win95 using Novell file servers connecting to Sun Ultra E5000 servers takes a few seconds.

I would have to say something is wrong. And I certainly doubt a 30 or 60 second connection should be acceptable in any situation. Especially if someone from Oracle says so.

  • Neil