Re: installer 4.0 is not flexible

From: J L Joslin <jljoslin_at_concentric.net>
Date: 1996/09/28

On Fri, 27 Sep 1996 15:49:26 +0200, Piero Stanchi <stanchi_at_ariadne.it> wrote:

>Hi everybody!
>I have a problem with installer 4.0; I am trying to install oracle 7.3 on solaris 2.5. The
>problem is that the installer installs the software as the OFA architecture recommends, and I
>would like to install the software somewhere else because my workstation is organized
>differently.
>Does someone know how to avoid the fact that app/oracle/product is appended to the
>installation mount points? Do I have to modify the script unix.stp?
>Thank you.
>
>--
>Piero Dig Stanchi --- Ariadne S.r.l.
>E-mail: stanchi_at_ariadne.it Web: http://www.ariadne.it
>web mirror: http://www.cib.unibo.it/guests/ariadne/Home.html
>Phone&Fax: +39 382 407538/407225
>Postal mail:
> Via Campeggi 13 - 27020 Casottole di Torre d'Isola (PV) - Italy

You need to get the 7.3.2.2 patch disk for Solaris 2.5. It makes the installer considerably more flexible.

As a temporary measure (for Unix), create a link like this:

   ln -s $ORACLE_HOME /app/oracle/product

where $ORACLE_HOME is where you want to put the software and let the installer go to town. You will face similar problems with 7.3.2.1 if you ask the installer to create the database for you (wierd mountpoints).

Jim Joslin Received on Sat Sep 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message