Re: $$ looking for a WEB DATABASE PROGRAMMER $$

From: Colin Lythall <clythall_at_webventures.com.au>
Date: 1996/09/28

I suggest you look at the Do-It-Yourself Database product from WebVentures. Currently there is a free beta version downloadable. There is also an online example system where you can try your hand at building a Web database, free. The release version will be only US$89.

The software (Unix, NT and Windows-95, Mac soon) is available at

http://www.webventures.com.au/diy-db/

You can donwload it or test-drive it on our server, free.

Some features:
Works with mSQL (unix) or ODBC-complient databases.

DIY-DB makes it simple and quick to build a database on the Internet or an Intranet from square one. Painless on-line configuration is possible without a knowledge of database systems or CGI-scripting. Everything is done right down to the consistent look and feel of presented pages.

It's easy to add your own logos and text to customise databases for your site.

You can make different views of the database, for example, private and public views. You can set password protection of each record or on an entire view. In each view you can allow or disallow operations such as deletion or addition of records and the ability to edit or re-edit existing records. Individual fields may be editable (read and write), visible (read-only) or invisible.

Search results can contain arbitrary embedded HTML in fields allowing not only formatting of text but also display of images, hyperlinks and email addresses.

You can LOAD-N-GO a free beta version from http://www.webventures.com.au/diy-db/

Excellent for catalogs, tracking systems, contact managers etc.

DIY-DB is a suite of server-based Java applications. DIY-DB contains its own HTTP server. You can make your own personal Intranet server.

--
Colin Lythall
WebVentures Pty Ltd