Re: memory problem?

From: Bob Acker <program_at_icanect.net>
Date: 1996/09/28

Tom Mettlling wrote:

> Help Please,
>
> I'm running Developer 2000 on a Windows 3.11 machine with 32 megs of
> RAM, connecting to Oracle 7.1.3 on Solaris via SQL*NET v2. If I connect
> more than three times with forms 4.5, I get ORA-12569 - checksum error,
> or ORA-12203 - unable to connect. It seems like it must be a memory
> problem, because if I exit Windows, restart, and try again, it works.
> Does anyone know of a way aroung this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

Tom,

This is just a suggestion, FWIW: Forget Win 3.1. IMHO it is a virus (no kidding). 3.1 is pretty, but unstable. The last thing you want for a Data Base tool is to run it in an unstable environment.

On the other hand, NT is GREAT. Solid, multiple apps all open at the same time, and Developer 2k version 1.3 is 32 bit, and runs in NT wonderfully. No GPF's and No Problems.

Suggest you try that.

I am running Work Grp server on twin NT machines, each running a copy of the DB and each running D2k front end tools. The 32 bit version of 1.3 is great.

Best wishes!

Bob Acker
Programming Resources, Inc.*
Ft Lauderdale

*Member of the SQL Resources Group, Inc. Ft Lauderdale, St. Louis, San Ramon
http:/bap.us.oracle.com/html/14563.htm Received on Sat Sep 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message