Re: ORACLE Backup Methodology

From: bbonert <bbonert_at_stbern.mhs.compuserve.com>
Date: 1996/09/28

beatonb_at_cadvision.com (Bill Beaton) wrote:

>>((Shameless Product Plug Coming))
>>
>>The company I work for has a product that should be able to fix your
>>situation. My company is St. Bernard Software and we develop a
>>product called "Open File Manager". The application is an add-on to
>>backup solutions (Arcserve, Legato, Palindrome, Arcada, etc.) which
>>allows them to safely backup ANY open file on a Netware or Windows NT
>>server. It is a simple application to install and configure, and more
>>importantly it works. It has the functionality to allow a group of
>>relational files to be backed up as well.

>How about for real applications ... a small 350GB instance (must be
>available 7x24x52), and also generates archive logs at 300MB per hour.
>3 Exabyte 8mil drives are available for backup.

The size of the database doesn't really affect how our system works. The only requirement we need, is to find a short period of "write" inactivity. At that point we start our management

>The system is on Solaris, and has Legato installed.

Currently the program is supporting Netware 3.x 4.x, Netware 4.1 SFTIII, and Windows NT 3.51. We will be releasing an update to the program to support the 4.0 version of NT, and the Green River version of Novell. We do not support any of the unix platforms at this time. Sorry.

>There are also 9 other instances, but they are quite tiny (20GB to 60GB).
>Same requirement of 7x24x52 ... each of those instances has 1 Exabyte
>available.

>Can your product handle a distributed environment ... i.e. one single
>control panel across the network of servers?

For the Netware and NT networks, yes we can manage our product which is loaded on multiple servers from a single console.

>Bill

I'll let you know if I hear anything for Unix development.

Brian Received on Sat Sep 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message