Re: HP9000/7.3 install problem

From: <root>
Date: 1996/09/28

Hi
  I have just had the exact same experience, very painful! The problem is that the install documentation is somewhat mistaken.

You mount the CD but do not install from it directly.

Look for a program called START.SH on the CD in /cdrom/ORAINST this copies all the install files from the CD into a "staging Area" on your Unix file system (40Mb) once that is run you then cd into that directory and you will find all the programs in their proper case.

Then "./orainst /whatever" will fire up.

The documentation also claims to build a demo database, so far I cannot find this, still its early days!.

Ensure you have all your Oracle environment vars set and that you have plenty of space.

Viv ( You want it WHEN? ) Gregory
viv_at_wzebra.demon.co.uk Received on Sat Sep 28 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message