intermittent ORA-003113/3114 - Any progress?

From: Anne E. Rybka <arybka_at_Kodak.COM>
Date: 1996/09/27

There were several folks who posted having problems with intermittent query errors resulting in 3113 and 3114 messages and no apparent problems with the server.

We have been having this problem with a 16-bit VB 3.0 application and Q + E ODBC drivers ever since converting our clients to NT 3.51 (and we have seen it on NT 4.0 clients).

I am wondering if any of you have made any progress in solving this problem? I have been experimenting with trying to write an application work around to trap the error and log back onto the data base, but find that whatever has happened, throws the VB app into a tizzie (this is a local technical term that means the application can't figure out where it is, what it was doing or why is was ever in existance, so why go on.) While the work around works when I have the DBA force a break in my connection and when there are normal breaks in communication (like real server crashes or a DB goes down for backup), when we get these intermittent errors, life becomes unbearable for the application and it must terminate itself and recovery is not a possibility.

Well, just looking for any hope or possibilities to try in the event someone has found some success. I have been reading all the general responses and have seen the white paper. None of the common prescriptions seem to apply in our case.

Thanks,

Anne Rybka
Eastman Kodak Company
arybka_at_kodak.com Received on Fri Sep 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message