Tips on naming conventions needed...

From: Brian F. Haddock <admintnp_at_flash.net>
Date: 1996/09/27

We're installing Oracle 10SC financials in a UNIX environment. We're very new to both and are currently trying to draw up naming conventions for SQL scripts, SQL coding conventions, etc. This is fairly difficult when you're not even clear on what standards need to be set *for*.

It would be appreciated if anyone could provide some tips on conventions used in your shop, problems you may have encountered, etc. Also, is anyone aware of any Oracle docs or online references that address this - we'd like to see some sample standards already implemented...

Thanks in advance,

---
Brian F. Haddock
Texas-New Mexico Power Company