Re: Changing Logon Password

From: varad acharya <vacharya.ford_at_e-mail.com>
Date: 1996/09/27

Jim Schimmoeller wrote:

> is there a way to create a stored procedure or function that will allow
> users to change logon password.
>
> I need this for a powerbuilder application. PB can call stored
> procedures or functions but everything that I look at covers nothing
> reference to changing passwords and the ALTER statement errors everytime
> I put in a body of a Stored Procedure.
>
> Jim
> schim_at_erols.com

Yoy cannot use DDL statements in a PL/SQL block. However there is a way around this restriction. You may use the ORACLE supplied package DBMS_SQL. If your database server is running in an UNIX env. then this package and its documentation is in the file $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/dbmssql.sql.

Good luck !

--

Regards,

Varad Acharya