Re: ORACLE Backup Methodology

From: Bill Beaton <beatonb_at_cadvision.com>
Date: 1996/09/27

>((Shameless Product Plug Coming))
>
>The company I work for has a product that should be able to fix your
>situation. My company is St. Bernard Software and we develop a
>product called "Open File Manager". The application is an add-on to
>backup solutions (Arcserve, Legato, Palindrome, Arcada, etc.) which
>allows them to safely backup ANY open file on a Netware or Windows NT
>server. It is a simple application to install and configure, and more
>importantly it works. It has the functionality to allow a group of
>relational files to be backed up as well.

How about for real applications ... a small 350GB instance (must be available 7x24x52), and also generates archive logs at 300MB per hour. 3 Exabyte 8mil drives are available for backup.

The system is on Solaris, and has Legato installed.

There are also 9 other instances, but they are quite tiny (20GB to 60GB). Same requirement of 7x24x52 ... each of those instances has 1 Exabyte available.

Can your product handle a distributed environment ... i.e. one single control panel across the network of servers?

Bill Received on Fri Sep 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message