Re: Configuring Oracle TNS Stuff & perl

From: Kennon L. Whitehead <kennon_at_mail.pernet.com>
Date: 1996/09/26

On a Unix installation it is a file named "tnsnames.ora" in a directory under the Oracle Home directory called "/network/admin". On a Windows PC it will be in the same subdirectory under "orawin" or "orawin95". A few Unix installations may put a copy in the /etc directory. All this assumes the sqlnet version 2 drivers have been loaded since the TNS messages refer to these drivers. Unfortunately, the ORA-12154 error is one of those that inform you that it didn't work and that about it.

Hope this helps. If all else fails do a search for "*.ora". klw

Morgan D. Jones <mdjones_at_bbn.com> wrote in article <3235AC17.17BC_at_bbn.com>...