Re: [Q]: What are these AAAnnnnnn.TMP files??

From: <bartavi_at_mail.tlm.openu.ac.il>
Date: 1996/09/26

Wayne Linton <lintonw_at_cadvision.com> wrote:

>We operate an OpenVMS 6.2 environment with ORACLE7 V7.1.5.2.3

>A significant number of our users have a file in their home directory
>with the name AAAnnnnnn.TMP These files show up on our 'hot-I/O'
>listings. Seems they are mostly written to, rarely read from.

>Anyone seen this before? Anyone know what they are?

>Wayne Linton

those files are temporary files that sqlforms30 creates. the file contain the records that are not in the memory (the number of record that are kept in memory is the number that you specify in the buffered record field - in the block declaration). when your users access those records, sqlforms runs on this file to get them.

hope it helped,

bartal. Received on Thu Sep 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message