Re: Job opportunities n Singapore

From: Alan Harder <ash_at_math.ams.org>
Date: 1996/09/25

  > xxx_at_xxx (Michael Confoy) wrote:
>>

>> I'm surprised htey allowed an Internet connection to newsgroup. Are'nt
>> you afraid of political damaging statements to your "democracy" being
>> seen? Censored any newspapers lately? Is gum chewing still illegal?
>> Hang anybody for selling weed lately? Let any corrupt Barclay bankers
>> go free recently? Ever had a free election with equal access to the
>> government controlled sources of all information? Try a bill of
>> rights, and maybe someone wouldn't have to sell their soul to work for
>> you.
>>

  > Michael,

  > I think we could do without this sort of rubbish in the newsgroup.....

  > Gordon

Singapore is one of the worst human rights-offending, totalitarian countries around. I welcome this sort of "rubbish" in any newsgroup I read, no matter how off-topic it is.

-Alan Harder
 ash_at_math.ams.org

The above commentary, which does not *even* represent the opinion of the American Mathematical Society, is sold by weight, not by volume. Some settling of the contents may have occurred during shipping. Received on Wed Sep 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message