Re: ORACLE Backup Methodology

From: bbonert <bbonert_at_stbern.mhs.compuserve.com>
Date: 1996/09/25

ctkumar <ctkumar_at_pacific.net.sg> wrote:

>Hi there,

>Is there anybody who can advise me on the backup methodology that I
>should follow while using ORACLE Database?. We will be using 2 Oracle
>Database Servers and I want to do Reliable On-Line backup (I cannot do
>offline backup since my servers will be used 24 hours). We are also
>looking for 3rd party tools that can do On-Line backup - advise me on
>this also. The size of database excepted will be 16GB on each server.

>--
>Kumar Chidambaram [ Pacific Internet Pte Ltd
>Database System Analyst 89 Science Park Drive #04-09/12
> The Rutherford, Singapore 118261
> Tel : (65) 771 0860
> Fax : (65) 773 6812 ]

Greeting:

((Shameless Product Plug Coming))

The company I work for has a product that should be able to fix your situation. My company is St. Bernard Software and we develop a product called "Open File Manager". The application is an add-on to backup solutions (Arcserve, Legato, Palindrome, Arcada, etc.) which allows them to safely backup ANY open file on a Netware or Windows NT server. It is a simple application to install and configure, and more importantly it works. It has the functionality to allow a group of relational files to be backed up as well.

We provide a fully-functional trial version of the software on our web-site. Check it out and if you have any questions please feel free to call or email me.

Best Regards,
Brian J. Bonert
St. Bernard Software
http://www.stbernard.com
Compuserve: GO STBERNARD
bbonert_at_stbern.mhs.compuserve.com Received on Wed Sep 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message