Re: HELP with dropping tablespaces needed!

From: Gary Assa <gsa_at_li.net>
Date: 1996/09/24

>Recently, I've being trying to drop a huge tablespace(about 100M), but
>very fragmented(about 6 datafiles). The result was nill, after more
>the 2 hours, then I decided is time to kill the process.
>Does anybody know how long should run a 'drop tablespace ...' ? I
>forgot to mention that, I didn't notice any error or warning running
>the following statements:

100M big? That's small! Although this should have worked, the best thing to do is to bring up the database in dba/exclusive mode and do what you have to do. It is possible, but highly unlikely with a small database that your redo logs and rollback segments were being written before the tablespace could be dropped. Also, someone could have had a table lock, so go into dba/exclusive mode and it should work.

            http://www.li.net/~gsa/index.html
This is my signature file, not part of this mail message.