HELP with dropping tablespaces needed!

From: vovos <stancu_at_nortel.ca>
Date: 1996/09/24

Hi, guys!
Recently, I've being trying to drop a huge tablespace(about 100M), but very fragmented(about 6 datafiles). The result was nill, after more the 2 hours, then I decided is time to kill the process. Does anybody know how long should run a 'drop tablespace ...' ? I forgot to mention that, I didn't notice any error or warning running the following statements:

SQLDBA>connect internal;
SQLDBA>alter tablespace <tablespace_name> offline;
SQLDBA>drop tablespace <tablespace_name> INCLUDING CONTENTS;

But, as I sed, I gaveup after more than 2 hours. Maybe, I didn't use the right solution?
Can anyone help?
Thanks, Victor. Received on Tue Sep 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message