Visualising Network Diagrams

From: Simon Riggs <100337.3637_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1996/09/24

I would like to be able to display data which is network-oriented. I mean this in the general data sense, not bits/bytes networking. So I have data of the form
Table1 = NODE (NodeId, Name, Type)
Table2 = LINK (NodeId, NodeId)

and would like to display

	all nodes and links connected to given NodeId
	all nodes and links connected to given Node:Type
in graphical form

I would use an Oracle7 DBMS with CONNECT BY syntax to retrieve the displayed network from the database, but how do I actually display this? This is a general requirement, so I want to be able to do various actions upon a double-click etc..
I may also want to filter and process the data externally before sending to this tool.

Any help please ? Received on Tue Sep 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message