Re: Oracle Motif Apps don't work

From: Patrick Guimonet <patrickg_at_sequent.com>
Date: 1996/09/24

Ed Bruce wrote:

> David Rolston wrote:
> >
> > The error I get seems to be some kind of a TK/TCL message:
> >
> > TK2-04097: Oracle Toolkit II's connection to the window system was
> > refused
> >
> > Any ideas what might be wrong?

You can also check :
o that you have the directory $ORACLE_HOME/lib in your shared libraries path (I don't remember the exact name of the environmental variable on SGI)
o that you set DISPLAY variable corectly o that you issue the correct xhost + command on your terminal

And, to be precise, don't be confued by the TK2 name, it means Toolkit II, the general layer developped by Oracle to make easier port from one GUI to others. No TK/TCL in this area.

Hope this helps

Patrick Guimonet - Presales Engineer        phone: (33 1) 41 45 01 84
Sequent Computer Systems - Paris              fax: (33 1) 47 74 70 19
patrickg_at_sequent.com