Re: Two versions of Oracle on one NT macine

From: Patrick Guimonet <patrickg_at_sequent.com>
Date: 1996/09/23

David Devejian wrote:
> Once again if anyone can help get v7.2 and v7.1 running on the same NT box
> I would appreciate the help.

I was formerly (1 month ago) Oracle employee and very implied in every NT aspects.
So, as far as I know, Oracle do NOT support two different versions of the RDBMS running on the same NT box.
Technically speaking, as far as I can imagine, it will not work neither because of possible DLL conflicts in the windows main directory nor because of conflicts in the PATH variable.

However, I wanted to try it since a long time and it may works with some restrictions (like changing the PATH variable during each boot).

Hope this helps,

Patrick Guimonet - Presales Engineer phone: (33 1) 41 45 01 84

Sequent Computer Systems - Paris                 fax: (33 1) 47 74 70 19
patrickg_at_sequent.com