Re: CFV: comp.databases.oracle reorganization

From: Mark Styles <lambic_at_msn.com>
Date: 1996/09/23

joelga_at_rossinc.com (Joel Garry) wrote:
>In article <842635456.16013_at_uunet.uu.net> oracle-vote_at_netagw.com writes:
>>The .misc suffix will help people reading the news group understand
>>that it is a catch-all for miscellaneous topics.
>
>NAK! Hasn't anybody understood that ".misc" is understood by the
>general public differently than is used here?

misc always meant miscellaneous to me, what does it mean to you??

>>This news group is not intended as a marketplace where employment
>>advertisements or commercial announcements may be posted. These
>
>As if anyone is ever going to read this. Sheesh. See misc.jobs.misc.
>Then read the faq. Then try to tell anyone posting there that it is
>not intended as a marketplace.

Nice negative attitude you have, its a good job there are more positive people about, otherwise none of these newsgroups would exist.

Any change to comp.databases.oracle will be an improvement, this CFV seems to me to be the best possible solution, and I'm glad and thankful that someone has taken the time to draw it up. If you have a better alternative, then offer it, don't just moan and whine about other people ideas. Received on Mon Sep 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message