Re: Generating a continuously updating page with Oracle Web Server

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/09/22

For a fixed frequency, I would use the META tag, for example:

HTML>

<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="1;URL=http://host/ows-bin/owa/proc?x=5">
<TITLE>Bounce</TITLE>
</HEAD>

Would pull the page /ows-bin/owa/proc?x=5 in 1 second (client side pull). If proc put out the same meta tag, proc would call proc in 1 second. User can stop this by hitting the stop button. Put this page in a frame and you can have part of a screen refresh independently of other parts.

On Sat, 21 Sep 1996 23:19:29 -1000, Phill Edwards <phedward_at_ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>For the web site I am creating I want to create a page which refreshes
>part of the page with data from an Oracle d/b. I could do this either
>whenever the data changes or at a fixed frequency.
>
>Basically it would look like a continuously updating display where the
>values on display come from the d/b. Does anyone know how to do this or
>have any good ideas?
>All help much appreciated.
>Thanks,
>-- Phill --

Thomas Kyte
Oracle Government
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com

http://govt.us.oracle.com

  • Check out Oracle Governments web site! ----- Follow the link to "Tech Center" and then downloadable Utilities for some free software...

statements and opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Oracle Corporation Received on Sun Sep 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message