Oracle 7.3 Performance Problem

From: Robert J. Evanshine <evanshin_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/09/21

I am running two instances of ORACLE on my SUN Solaris 2.5 work station. Version 7.2 has been running for a while and seems ok. My new 7.3.2.2 installation was installed in about the same way as 7.2. I exported the 7.2 user to startup the application in the 7.3 environment. So, as far as I can tell, I have identical databases.

However on 7.3 have have seen two performance problems:

  1. SQL*Loader running on 7.2 with a small file takes 1.5 minutes CPU tme. The same loader control file, same data, same CPU takes over 6 minutes of CPU time on 7.3. The extra time seems to be taken in processing the control file.
  2. A stored procedure that normally takes 20-25 minutes on 7.2 seems to never complete on 7.3. I let it runup 18 hours of CPU time before killing the process.

I have a TAR open with Oracle, but they have no answer yet for me. If you experence this problem, or one similiar, let me know. I will give you whatever answer I get from Oracle.    Received on Sat Sep 21 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message