Re: Forms 4.5 - select question

From: A. Jorge Florindo <ajf.63_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: 1996/09/21

Kathy, Koehler wrote:

> I'm writing a select statement in forms 4.5 where I want to vary the "where"
> clause by using a variable. I have been unable to do this. Can you do this
> and what is the syntax? Here's an example:
>
> select status, id, open_date, owner, queue, short_description,
> cust_priority, ae_incident.prospect_id,major_acct, contact,
> target_code
> from ae_incident, pro_bcs
> "PARAMETER.query_param";
>
> The above did not work.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kathy

Hi Kathy,

If you want to use a variable select statement in forms 4.5 you need to create and manipulate a record group.
I suppose that you have Forms 4.5 Reference Manual Vol.1 . Consult the follow built-ins:
> create_group
> populate_group
> create_group_from_query
> populate_group_from_query
> {set|get}_group_{char|date|number}_cell
> add_group_{row|column}
> get_group_row_count
> find_{group|column}

> delete_group
> delete_group_row

Say something via e-mail or news If you need more info.

Regards
Jorge

| A. Jorge Florindo                |
| ajf.63_at_mail.telepac.pt           |