Re: Forms 4.5 - select question

From: Gary Wong <gary.wong_at_cyberstore.ca>
Date: 1996/09/20

Kathy,

Take a look at the 'SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY()' built-in. It takes three parameters:

1. block_name
2. property
3. value

In your case, the property is DEFAULT_WHERE, and the value would be enclosed in single quotes (the WHERE reserved word is optional).

This default WHERE clause can include references to global variables, form parameters, and item values; so you can still use your :PARAMETER.query_param.

Note: I notice your example was a join of two tables. Was this a 'made-up' example, or are you really attempting to create a block based upon a join?

For further info, use the Forms4.5 Online Help to search for SET_BLOCK_PROPERTY. Gary

Kathy Koehler writes: > I'm writing a select statement in forms 4.5 where I want to vary the "where"