Re: ORA-12812: only one PARALLEL or NOPARALLEL clause may be specified

From: Naren Chintala <naren_at_mink.att.com>
Date: 1996/09/20

chuckh_at_dvol.com (Chuck Hamilton) wrote:
>Why would the following statement give me an "ORA-12812: only one
>PARALLEL or NOPARALLEL clause may be specified" error?
>
>create snapshot master_claim
> parallel (degree 2)
> tablespace mhp
> storage (initial 20m next 5m pctincrease 0) pctfree 0
> using index
> tablespace mhpx
> storage (initial 3m next 3m pctincrease 0) pctfree 0
> as select * from mhp.master_claim_at_mast_drd where rownum <= 100000
>/
>--
>Chuck Hamilton
>chuckh_at_dvol.com

Chuck,

I have also experienced this. But I got ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel.

The create snapshot syntax does NOT have the parallel clause. May be this is the reason. BTW, the create table syntax has the parallel clause.

I tried using the parallel clause as a hint. The snapshot was successfully created but the parallel servers were not spawned (I checked this with the ps -ef command).

Naren Chintala
naren_at_mink.att.com Received on Fri Sep 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message