Re: Duplicating users and their objects

From: J L Joslin <jljoslin_at_concentric.net>
Date: 1996/09/20

On Fri, 20 Sep 1996 15:09:57 -0400, "Michael J. Hillanbrand II" <mjhii_at_pop.erols.com> wrote:

>David Moore wrote:
>>
>> I'm setting up multiple Oracle users to perform parallel testing.
>>
>> After setting up the first user, I can use exp & imp to set up
>> duplicate users, except that I want each user to have seperate
>> tablespaces.
>>
>> Is there a way to tell imp which tablespaces I wish to use? I'm
>> running these test on VMS and various flavors of Unix, so hopefully
>> there's a portable way to do this. :-/
>> --
>> ======================
>> David A. Moore
>> d a v i d m o _at_ r o s s i n c . c o mAt least on unix you can hack at the export file. Be careful about the first (header) records in the file -
>vi doesn't like them. I normally use a NoRows export when I fiddle with the file, then after importing things
>the way I want them, export again - then import ignore=y.
>--
>Michael J. Hillanbrand II Dulcian, Inc.
> Oracle Data Base Administration
>Voice: 215-773-7307 Fax: 610-277-2966
>mailto://mjhii_at_erols.com or mailto://mjh_at_salts.icpphil.navy.mil
> Delaware Valley Oracle Users Group, Inc.
> http://www.oug.com/OUG/DEVOUG/
>Contact me for Newsletter ads, articles, book reviews & Website Info.

Wouldn't it be just as easy or easier to just create the user with:

   CREATE USER USR1 IDENTIFIED BY USR1
   DEFAULT TABLESPACE USR1_TABLESPACE
  TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP;
  GRANT CONNECT, RESOURCE TO USR1;    and import the objects from USR0 to USR1? That's how I've gone about setting up schemas for users in different tablespaces.

Jim Joslin Received on Fri Sep 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message