Re: Duplicating users and their objects

From: Michael J. Hillanbrand II <mjhii_at_pop.erols.com>
Date: 1996/09/20

David Moore wrote:

> I'm setting up multiple Oracle users to perform parallel testing.
>
> After setting up the first user, I can use exp & imp to set up
> duplicate users, except that I want each user to have seperate
> tablespaces.
>
> Is there a way to tell imp which tablespaces I wish to use? I'm
> running these test on VMS and various flavors of Unix, so hopefully
> there's a portable way to do this. :-/
> --
> ======================
> David A. Moore
> d a v i d m o _at_ r o s s i n c . c o mAt least on unix you can hack at the export file. Be careful about the first (header) records in the file -
vi doesn't like them. I normally use a NoRows export when I fiddle with the file, then after importing things the way I want them, export again - then import ignore=y.

Michael J. Hillanbrand II                            Dulcian, Inc.
                   Oracle Data Base Administration
Voice: 215-773-7307                           Fax:    610-277-2966
mailto://mjhii_at_erols.com  or    mailto://mjh_at_salts.icpphil.navy.mil
              Delaware Valley Oracle Users Group, Inc.
                http://www.oug.com/OUG/DEVOUG/
Contact me for Newsletter ads, articles, book reviews & Website Info.