Re: Installation Error: Oracle Home

From: Gary Wong <gary.wong_at_cyberstore.ca>
Date: 1996/09/20

"Tim Romano" <tim_at_ot.com> writes:
> snip: Question on removing all references to NT Workroup Server>
> Tim
>
> --

Tim,

There should be some entries in the Registry that list off the Oracle SID name, Home directory, etc. I don't know the exact key off the top of my head, but it's something like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE.

If you've already deleted all the <OracleHome> subdirectories, these registry entries should be the last remains of the Oracle Install.

Don't forget to back up the registry before deleting the appropriate sub-keys!!

P.S. If this still doesn't work, e-mail me offline and I'll send you my C:\WINNT\ORACLE.INI file.

Good luck,
Gary
gary.wong_at_cyberstore.ca Received on Fri Sep 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message