Re: Oracle clients running under Windows95

From: David Devejian <djd_at_bank2000.com>
Date: 1996/09/20

John M. Abate <jmabate_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote in article <3240BE49.7DE8_at_ix.netcom.com>...
> I have just recently upgraded my pc at work to Windows95. I am having a
> reaccuring problem with my connections to oracle. I am running SQL*Net
> 2.2 (16bit drivers) and what happens is that at seemingly random times,
> accessing Oracle causes 95 to hang completely (no mouse, no nothing -
> BRB(big reg button) time)
>
> Anyone else having this problem? If you know of a way around this, I
> would appreciate the help.

I have not experienced the problem myself, however, several of my users have reported such a problem. Until now we have blamed this on the application program since it has always occurred in the same application. But if others have experienced it... You wouldn't happen to be using Powerbuilder built applications would you? Can you shutdown that task (alt-ctl-del brings up a task list in win95 -- usually)? Or must you cold-boot?

Regards,

David Devejian
djd_at_bank2000.com Received on Fri Sep 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message