Re: Caldera Network Desktop (was:Re: SMP & threads for SQL queries)

From: Sean Casey <casey_at_en.com>
Date: 1996/09/20

> >You mentioned that a lot of big shops are running the stable versions of
> >linux. Does any body have any information like what is it used for -
> >desktops or servers. What kinds of databases are they running on these?

Ernst & Young, the second largest international accounting/consulting firm (one of the "Big Six"} just added 60 Linux laptops in the U.S. I expect that number to double by the end of the year, and tripple in Q1 of '97. They are the platform of choice to connect to our client's systems for network performance reviews, security testing on intra/internets, UNIX reviews, file transfers, etc. Received on Fri Sep 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message