Re: Developer Tool for Building Triggers, Check Constraints

From: Steven Liebler <stevel_at_logicworks.com>
Date: 1996/09/19

Adam,

Since you are already using ERwin, why not use it to create the check constraints and triggers? For check constraints, just define ERwin validation rules using the Validation Rule editor from ERwin's server menu. Once you define the validation rules you can attach them to columns using the Oracle column property editor. When the DDL is generated from ERwin, the check constraints will show up in the DDL.

For triggers, ERwin will create basic referential integrity triggers based on the relationships defined in ERwin. If you want to add more than referential integrity (or use DRI and before triggers), you can easily customize the way ERwin generates triggers.

--

Steve Liebler              [http://www.logicworks.com]
Senior Product Consultant  stevel_at_logicworks.com

*       Introducing ModelMart.         *
*   Now you can share ERwin models     *
*       without losing control         *

Adam Warshaw <warsha-a_at_capital-re.com> wrote in article
<3240786F.686C_at_capital-re.com>...