Oracle 7.2.3 on HPUX problem with Parsing

From: tasman01 <tasman01_at_one.net>
Date: 1996/09/19

We recently upgraded our HP9000/E45 Oracle 7.0.16 20GB DISK 256 MB of mem Clients were using Powerbuilder 3.0.

as of September 9 1996 we now use HP9000/D350 2way 40GB disk 768 Megabubbles of ram
Clients are on Powerbuilder 5.0

(SQLNET 2.2)
Since 7/27
clients GPF (win31) when we have parsing disabled via StaticBIND DISABLEBIND variables recommended settings from Just about everyone including Powerbuilder.

Right the the Database parses every sinlge statement. Just a tad of a performance hit!!!
the clients can't tell any differnec between the E45 and the D350

Does anyone know of a workaround to prevent parsing. If STATICBIND=1 and DISABLEBIND=0 the fastest setting our clients GPF.
or we leave set like it is now and oracle parses every statemeny

any info would be greatly appreciated

Matt M
not a DBA
only the SYS ADMN Received on Thu Sep 19 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message