Re: Converting MS Access to Oracle

From: Brian M. Biggs <bbiggs_at_cincom.com>
Date: 1996/09/19

Hermod Opstvedt wrote:
> I know i have read this somewhere here but i cant seem to find it again.
> Someone knew about an Oracle utility to convert Acces Tables/Queris into
> Oracle Queries/Tables

I have a utility called 'Oracleizer for Access' that was included on the Oracle Developer Conference CD-ROM from February 1996. It is a fairly well-written utility that helps you convert your Access application to Oracle.

We have recently started to convert one of our Access-based applications to Oracle, and I used this utility. We are converting only our data structures to Oracle, not the code. It seems to perform the conversion OK, but I can't get it to produce any DDL scripts that I can use to create the database. It only produces Access-type reports that are not in an easy-to-use format. The documentation says that DDL scripts are supposed to be generated, but it doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone know what could be wrong? I am using Oracleizer for Access v1.00c - 16. Is there a more recent version that fixes this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Brian

--
Brian M. Biggs				mailto:bbiggs_at_cincom.com
Cincom Systems, Inc.			voice: (513) 677-7661