Dev/2000 vs. Delphi. Any one here *knows* both to give us a comparison?

From: Carlos Augusto Leite Netto <cnetto_at_bestway.com.br>
Date: 1996/09/18

I don't know about other parts of the world, but here in Brazil Borland is growing in market share very quickly. Big banks, creditcard companies, telephon companies and others are moving to Delphi. Many students are going out from the College knowing Delphi. Delphi is clearly eating market share from VB. My customers that're using Dev/2000 are not moving to Delphi, but whose're using VB stays with VB or move to Delphi (nothing about P.Objects).

All that strong position of Delphi and Intranet Borland Products (Latte, IntraBuilder) made me very curious. So... my questions:

  1. Do you have real experiences with Delphi? Is it really good? Or it's just better than VB? I don't know any Delphi user that's not a fanatic, but I head one bad story on Delphi. It's better to heard from high technical guys.
  2. What do you think on Oracle buying Borland? I think that L.Ellison will love to have one real VB killer in his hand :-). Delphi with Personal Oracle for Win 95 in a box?!

Regards,

Carlos Netto
Software Design
cnetto_at_softdes.com.br Received on Wed Sep 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message