Re: Dev/2000 Messages

From: Piotr A. Szczygielski <party_at_apollo.umcs.lublin.pl>
Date: 1996/09/18

Steve Cosner (stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU) wrote:

> These messages are actually alerts. You can create your own alerts
> with Polish messages. The hard part is anticipating when and where
> the default alerts are going to pop up, and then issuing your own.

> The example you gave: Do you want to save changes... is one that
> appears when the user clears a block or the entire form, enters or
> executes a query, or exits the form. My guess here is that in each
> trigger causing these events (key-ClrFrm, Key-ClrBlk, Key-Exit,
> Key-ExeQry, etc, etc) you would need to call a procedure that checks
> the Form or Block status, and if it is 'CHANGED' then issue your own
> alert, and process a commit or clear_block (or whatever is
> appropriate) depending on the user's response.

> An easier suggestion would be to do a Clear_Form(No_Validate) (or
> Clear_Block...) at each point where the alert appears, and you will no
> longer get the default alerts. (Of course, you will be discarding any
> changes the user may have made but not committed.)

> Hope this helps
> Steve Cosner

Ok - that all works fine. But in one case I can't help. There're two blocks: master and detail. When I change a value in detail block and then go to the master block without commiting and try to go to the next record. Then I have my favourite alert again. I can't check the block status in PostBlock trigger because from this trigger it's not possible to commit (restricted procedure). So in which trigger should I check if there are any changes ? And of course it can't be Key-NextBlk when I use a mouse to navigate.

Party. Received on Wed Sep 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message